Step up your cupcakes with this apple-inspired back-to-school idea (VIDEO)
By adding a little twist to your average cupcakes, you can create fun "apple" cupcakes to get into the back-to-school mood. Treat your kids, your friends or yourself to a fun snack this fall.
"Apple" cupcakes recipe
- Cupcake mix, plus the ingredients called for
- Red cupcake liners
- Mini doughnuts
- Red food coloring
- Tootsie Rolls
- Green Airheads
- Red sanding sugar
- Bake cupcakes in the red cupcake liners.
- Tint the frosting red.
- Frost each cupcake.
- Slice the mini doughnuts in half.
- Cover the doughnuts with red frosting.
- Place the frosted doughnuts in the freezer.
- Cut the Tootsie Rolls in half to use as stems.
- Cut the green taffy into leaf shapes.
- Once the doughnuts are cold, place one on top of each cupcake.
- Dip the cupcakes in the red sanding sugar.
- Add a stem and a leaf to each cupcake.