These aren’t your traditional pancakes, but they sure are delicious. Plus, they’re the perfect way to eat even more mac and cheese.
Pancakes are not just for breakfast. I was wary of the idea of savory pancakes at first, but I warmed up to the idea real quick after I took a bite of these bad boys. They are packed with tons of stringy cheese and fresh pasta. I know it sounds funky, but you have to give these a try.
Macaroni and cheese pancakes recipe
Slightly adapted from Rachael Ray
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and smoked paprika. Whisk together to combine, and set aside.
- To a medium-size mixing bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and the cheese.
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat, and cook the pancakes till golden.
- Serve with butter, a sprinkling of cheese or a little maple syrup.