Macaroni and cheese combine to make amazing savory 'pancakes'
These aren't your traditional pancakes, but they sure are delicious. Plus, they're the perfect way to eat even more mac and cheese.
Pancakes are not just for breakfast. I was wary of the idea of savory pancakes at first, but I warmed up to the idea real quick after I took a bite of these bad boys. They are packed with tons of stringy cheese and fresh pasta. I know it sounds funky, but you have to give these a try.
Macaroni and cheese pancakes recipe
Slightly adapted from Rachael Ray
- 2 cups white whole-wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2-1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- To a large mixing bowl, add the flour, baking powder, salt and smoked paprika. Whisk together to combine, and set aside.
- To a medium-size mixing bowl, add the buttermilk, eggs and oil. Whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the cooked pasta and the cheese.
- Preheat a griddle to medium heat, and cook the pancakes till golden.
- Serve with butter, a sprinkling of cheese or a little maple syrup.