Crack open that beer, and get to marinating, because you want this simple dish right now.
If there is one thing I love, it’s chicken drumsticks. They always turn out moist and can handle just about any flavor or marinade you throw on them. This chicken was marinated in a chipotle ale and sprinkled with even more chipotle chile powder. Then I broiled the drumsticks in the oven and glazed them with honey. They’re spicy, sweet and perfectly crispy.
Spicy beer-marinated chicken drumsticks recipe
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large bottle chipotle ale
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Into a large, zip-top bag, add the chicken, chipotle ale, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt.
- Let marinate for 6 hours.
- Once your chicken is done marinating, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F, and place your chicken onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix together the honey and apple cider vinegar.
- Bake for 30 minutes, remove from the oven, glaze with the honey mixture, and bake for another 5 minutes to let the honey bake into the chicken.
- Serve hot.