Grilling doesn’t have to mean steaks and hamburgers.
I have always loved grilling. Even though I live in an area that gets tons of snow in the winter, you can still find me outside, grilling in 20-degree weather. I’m also always up for a challenge when it comes to grilling, so I like to try out new things every once in awhile. These totally loaded fry packets are made on the grill and are topped with lots of cheese, bacon, green onions and, of course, Sriracha sauce. Why use ketchup when you have Sriracha?
Totally loaded grilled cheese fry packets recipe
Adapted from Tablespoon
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen steak fries
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce, plus extra for topping
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled bacon
- 4 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- To a large bowl, add the frozen french fries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter and 1 teaspoon of Sriracha sauce.
- Pour the butter mixture over the french fries, and toss to evenly coat the fries in the Sriracha butter.
- Tear off 2 large pieces of foil, and add equal amounts of the French fries to the middle of each piece. Fold up the edges to create a cooking vessel for the fries.
- Place the fries onto the grill, and grill for about 30 minutes, until crispy, flipping them once while cooking.
- Remove from the grill, and top each packet with equal amounts of cheese and bacon. Add the packets back to the grill, and let them cook until the cheese has melted.
- Remove the cheese fries from the grill, and top with green onions and a heavy drizzle of Sriracha sauce. If you do not like things spicy, then simply substitute the Sriracha sauce with ketchup.