On any given day, you’re likely to find us standing in front of the pantry eating Nutella out of the jar with our fingers. It’s one of those foods that scratches that itch and is able to stand on it’s own, which makes it the perfect treat for those moments when we just don’t feel like making a big ol’ mess in the kitchen. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
Well, yeah, we’re gonna keep eating cold Nutella ’til the cows come home, but we’ve also found an amazingly simple recipe that allows us to whip up a batch of warm, chocolaty, hazelnutty cookies in a cinch. Can’t beat that with a stick.
These three-ingredient Nutella cookies are pure Heaven. Trust.
3-ingredient Nutella cookie recipe
Adapted from A Busy Nest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 large egg
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer, add all the ingredients, and mix until well combined.
- The mixture will be thick but should be moist enough to roll into balls the size of 2 tablespoons.
- Add the balls to the baking sheet, and flatten them slightly with your fingertips or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, until they are cooked around the edges and still slightly soft in the middle. Let the cookies sit on the baking sheet for 5 minutes and then cool on a baking rack.
- Continue until all the cookies have been made.
Note: You can also roll your cookie balls into some sugar to give them a little sparkle. For best results use Nutella from a freshly-opened can, not older, dried-out Nutella.
Originally published September 2014. Updated August 2017.