Gluten-free vegetable ceviche and quinoa salad is an easy (and fresh!) weeknight meal
You may have tried ceviche as a fresh seafood dish that's prepped using citrus juice, no cooking required, but I've turned the tables a little and applied its prep method to fresh, seasonal veggies.
Not only is this dish easy to make, but the lime and lemon juice add more fresh flavor to all the vegetables you include. To finish the dish, simply toss the vegetable mixture with quinoa, and you've got yourself a filling salad that's fab on a warm (or cold) day.
Vegetable ceviche and quinoa salad recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 green zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced into ribbons with a peeler
- 1 yellow zucchini, ends trimmed, sliced into thin rounds and cut into quarters
- 1/2 bunch asparagus (about 8-10 thin spears), bottom ends trimmed, cut into 1- to 2-inch pieces
- 1 corn ear, husk and silk removed, kernels cut from the cob
- 5 radishes, ends trimmed, cut into thin rounds
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, cut into small pieces
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add all the vegetables to a large, sealable container. Pour the juice mixture onto the vegetables, and toss gently.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, tossing the mixture a few times during that time.
- Prepare the quinoa, and then allow it to cool to room temperature.
- When you're ready to serve, transfer the vegetables (without the liquid) to a serving bowl. Add the quinoa, and toss.
- Serve immediately, or chill slightly before serving.
This fresh salad will float your boat.