The California club pizza: your favorite sandwich transformed
America's favorite sandwich just got transformed into a pizza.
I make a lot of pizzas each month, and I finally hit the nail on the head with this one. It involves a lot of my favorite ingredients added onto one piping-hot crust. I mean, it's cheese and bacon, with a little bit of avocado thrown into the mix. Nobody is going to be displeased with this combo — it's a California club transformed as a pizza.
California club pizza recipe
- 1 large pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large tomato, sliced and cut in half
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 5 slices roasted turkey breast, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the pizza dough to a large iron skillet. Stretch out the dough, creating a large circle.
- Brush olive oil over the dough, and then top with cheese, tomatoes and spinach.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, and then top with turkey breast. Place back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Top with bacon and avocado slices.