Need a quick fix for dinner tonight? This sweet and spicy Sriracha fried rice dish will make your taste buds scream, but don’t worry — the fresh mango adds just a hint of sweetness to balance it all out.
This super-spicy, slightly sweet fried rice dish will make your mouth go “wow!” In case you aren’t familiar with Sriracha sauce, it’s a super-spicy Asian condiment made from chili peppers, garlic, sugar, salt and vinegar. It’s a great thing to keep on hand in your pantry for adding flavor to nearly anything, from cheese to scrambled eggs to grilled meats or even salads. I used this ultra-hot condiment in this recipe to add a lot of heat and to balance out the sweetness from the fresh mango. If you are not into hot foods or have little ones, I would suggest to either hold off using this sauce or to start small and add more as desired.
Sweet and spicy mango-Sriracha fried rice recipe
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup sweet peas
- 1 large mango, diced
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha sauce, plus extra for garnish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Heat a large pan over medium heat, add the sesame oil and rice, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add in the red and green onions, peas and mango, and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Sriracha sauce and garlic powder, mixing well.
- Pour the sauce on top of the rice mixture, and stir-fry gently to coat all the rice and vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper as needed, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Divide the fried rice among bowls, and garnish with fresh cilantro and extra Sriracha sauce, if desired. Best served warm.