Make lunch fun (and easy!) with a Mason jar pineapple, chicken and potato salad
Prepare your lunch the night before, and seal it in a jar. Not only is it convenient and economical, but it's also delicious.
I find it fun to eat my lunch packed in a Mason jar. I don't work in an office, but I do have days when I am terribly short on time. When I know those days are coming, I prepare my lunch the night before, and this Mason jar salad is so good. I just grab it from the refrigerator, and lunch is ready.
With all the ingredients either raw, boiled or grilled, and with just a touch of mayonnaise, this salad makes a healthy lunch you won't feel bad about eating.
Mason jar chicken salad with pineapple and potatoes recipe
- 7 ounces potatoes (yields approximately 1 cup when diced), peeled
- 1 large carrot (yields approximately 1 cup when diced), peeled
- 2 slices chicken fillet (yields approximately 1 cup when diced)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 8 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan over high heat, bring some water to a boil. When it starts to boil, sprinkle in some salt, and then boil the potatoes and the carrot until they are cooked through. When they are cooked, drain, and then dice them separately. Set them aside in separate bowls.
- On a hot griddle, grill both sides of the chicken fillets. Season with salt and pepper. Dice them when they are cooked through. Set them aside.
- In the Mason jars, layer the ingredients, and then top the salad with the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper. Close the lid, and refrigerate.