Dress up your veggies and dip with these tasty Parmesan cups
Make them this healthier version of chips and dip served in cute little Parmesan cheese cups.
Anyone that has kids in school knows that at the end of the day they come home starving. Rather than have your kids stuff their faces with potato chips, candy or other junk food, why not make a simple and equally delicious snack for them when they walk in the door. Fresh Parmesan cheese is grated and molded in a muffin tin to create a little bowl that will hold a healthy yogurt dip that will go perfect with fresh veggies.
Parmesan cheese cups, onion dip and fresh veggies recipe
Yield 6 servings
For the dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons powdered onion soup mix
- 1-2 tablespoons buttermilk or plain low-fat milk
For the Parmesan cheese cups
- 1-1/2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray
- A muffin tin
- Fresh sliced bell peppers
- Sugar snap peas
- Baby carrots
- In a bowl combine the ingredients for the dip and mix very well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and spray the muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- Divide the Parmesan cheese between 6 of the muffin cups and press down firmly.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the cheese starts to get golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to sit for a minute to cool slightly.
- While still slightly warm flip the muffin pan upside down to remove the cheese cups, and set aside.
- When ready to prepare the cheese cups, spoon the dip into the centers of each of the cups.
- Transfer to a serving plate and use fresh peppers, carrots, cucumbers and snap peas as "chips."