Boozy cantaloupe slushies, because you're a grown-up and you can
You won't find this refreshing fruit slushie at the local convenience store.
This recipe for a colorful and frosty cantaloupe, mint and Campari slushie combines the sweetness of cantaloupe, a burst of mint and the slight bitterness of the Italian liqueur Campari. Close your eyes as you enjoy this refreshing slushie cocktail. You just might think you're on the Italian Riviera.
Campari is rosy-colored and made using fruit and herbs. It has a slightly bitter flavor that not everyone expects at first sip. But it's easy to enjoy Campari in this fun form. The added soda gives it some fizz and a touch of sweetness.
Summer may be on its way out, but it's not over yet. Chill a little while longer with an Italian-inspired cocktail, perfect for the summer season.
Cantaloupe, mint and Campari slushie recipe
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe, plus a few extra for garnish
- 1/2 cup Campari
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 4 mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 3-4 cups ice cubes
- 24 ounces lemon-lime soda, divided
- To a blender, add the cantaloupe, Campari, honey, mint and ice cubes.
- Blend until the ice is broken down very small to the consistency you like.
- Stir, and divide the mixture among four 8-ounce glasses.
- Pour the soda into the glasses over the mixture, to the top.
- Garnish with extra mint and cantaloupe, and serve immediately.
Enjoy the last days of summer with this slushie.