This ice cream sandwich combo is seriously tasty
These homemade oatmeal cookies are flavored with maple syrup and chocolate chips. Stuff them with Tillamook’s Oregon Blueberry Patch Ice Cream for a super tasty homemade ice cream sandwich.
I sweetened my cookies with pure organic maple syrup and ditched the white processed sugar. I added extra maple flavor by using pure maple extract in this recipe, but you can certainly use vanilla if you don’t have maple on hand. I used Tillamook Oregon Blueberry Patch Ice Cream as the filling in these easy sandwiches for contrasting but delicious flavor. Tillamook uses seasonally-picked blueberries from Oregon and high butterfat content, and you can totally tell with how creamy and packed full of flavor their ice cream is. These cookies will make your house smell like fall and have you wishing you had made a double batch.
Blueberry oatmeal chocolate chip ice cream sandwiches recipe
Yields 6 ice cream sandwiches
- 2-1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (depending on desired sweetness of cookie)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or pure vanilla extract
- Tillamook Oregon Blueberry Patch Ice Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips.
- In a separate bowl, add the maple syrup, eggs and maple extract, mixing very well until smooth.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using a cookie scoop, begin dropping the batter onto the baking sheet keeping the cookies uniform in size. Make 12 cookies total.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer and allow to sit for 5 minutes to soften.
- Using the scoop, begin scooping the ice cream and place a scoop in the center of the flat side of the cookie, then use another cookie to sandwich the ice cream inside. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Transfer the ice cream sandwiches to an airtight container and place in the freezer until ready to serve.
This post is sponsored by Tillamook.