Easy homemade ice cream cones
These ice cream cones are made like crepes and then rolled into a cone shape. I used a paper mold to help form the design. Just roll up a piece of paper like a cone and tape it to create the mold. Once the cone is done cooking, you can wrap it around the mold you made and allow it to completely set up and harden.
I'm visiting family right now and was able to make these sugar ice cream cones for them. They were an absolute hit and gone within minutes.
Homemade ice cream cone recipe
Recipe adapted from: The Food Network
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar until they are frothy. Add in the melted and cooled butter, milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla.
- Add in the flour and salt.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Spray the pan with nonstick spray and then pour about 1/4 cup of the mixture on the skillet. Move the pan around to help the mixture spread thinly.
- Allow to cook until the underside is golden brown. Then flip and cook until the other side is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, create a cone form with a piece of paper. Remove the cooked mixture from the pan onto the paper cone. Shape the mixture around the paper to create a cone.
- Squeeze the end to seal and then place on a wire rack and allow to completely cool.
- Continue these steps until all of the batter is used up.
- Once the cones are cooled and completely hardened, fill up with some delicious ice cream (I usually crave something fruity in the summertime) and enjoy.