Who doesn’t love a good pasta salad? I do, but finding that perfect option at the deli counter isn’t always so easy.
Although they taste good, most store-bought pasta salads can be nothing but calorie-laden bombs when it comes to nutrition. So I’ve re-created my favorite pasta salad using healthy and fresh ingredients while keeping things super tasty.
You can use pretty much any vegetables you have on hand for this recipe, and I do recommend allowing the salad time to chill before serving to help the flavors develop. This is a great dish for vegetarians or just as a simple, quick and easy side dish for your weeknight dinners.
Lemon pasta salad recipe
For the pasta salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package orzo pasta, cooked
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach, chopped
For the dressing
- 1/2 cup lemon-flavored Greek yogurt or plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons agave nectar (depending on desired sweetness)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the pasta salad, and toss well.
- In a separate bowl, add the Greek yogurt, lemon juice and zest, apple cider vinegar and agave. Using a wire whisk, mix the dressing until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and oregano, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the pasta salad, and mix until everything is evenly coated.
- Cover the salad, and chill it for 1 hour to allow the flavors to develop.
- Before serving, mix the salad again, and serve it cold.