Hasselback potatoes are even better when you stuff them with pepperoni and lots of cheese
Potatoes are already the ultimate comfort food side dish, but when you crisp them up with butter, stuff them full of pepperoni and drown them in melted cheese, they're pretty much the only way you'll ever want to eat them again.
These hasselback potatoes are stuffed full of spicy pepperoni and gooey cheese for a deliciously indulgent side dish. And they're completely worth the one-hour wait in the oven.
Pepperoni and cheese hasselback potatoes recipe
- 2 large russet potatoes, cleaned and scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut slices into the potatoes about every 1/8 of an inch, going about 3/4 of the way into the potatoes, careful to not slice fully through.
- Spread butter all over the top and into the slices of each potato until fully covered. It's easiest to use your fingers to do this.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper, place them onto a baking sheet, and bake them for about 1 hour, until the slices start to crisp and the potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and stick the pepperoni half-slices into each slot of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the potatoes, and return them to the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes, until the cheese has fully melted.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, and serve them warm.