Fried rice for breakfast makes perfect sense when it's loaded with bacon, ham and eggs
Have you ever tried fried rice for breakfast? Mix it with bacon, ham and eggs, and you might never wait for dinner to eat this dish again.
There is something about rice in the morning that can seem strange for some people. In some Asian countries, it is quite normal, so don't worry, you are not doing anything so out of the ordinary. In fact, breakfast fried rice is a way to use leftover rice from the previous night's dinner. Day-old rice is the best kind to use because it is drier than freshly cooked rice. If you plan to make this, then you can cook the rice the night before to save time the following morning; it also makes the dish taste better.
There's nothing to not love about this breakfast bowl, because it has all the tasty morning ingredients in it with the addition of peas. The bacon plays a large role in giving the dish a big boost of flavor, so if you are a bacon lover, then you will be happy with this different kind of breakfast.
Breakfast fried rice with bacon, ham and eggs recipe
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup cooked ham, diced
- 1/3 cup bacon, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 eggs
- In a large, dry saucepan over medium heat, fry the bacon.
- When the bacon is done, add the peas, and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Add the ham, rice and olive oil. Mix well.
- Season with the salt and pepper. Cover, and keep it warm.
- Over medium heat, bring a pot of water to a boil. Poach the eggs when the water is boiling.
- Serve the fried rice with the eggs on top.