I’m no mixologist, but I have been told I make a very mean cocktail. This could be due to a very brief stint as a bartender on a resort island or the fact that I simply love happy hour, but I enjoy mixing up new drinks. As much as I love 10-ingredient cocktails with speakeasy-inspired names, sometimes the simplest drinks made in less than five minutes seem to taste the best.
Not only do these simple cocktails take just a few minutes to make, but they require just three ingredients. That’s right — just three ingredients, and you can have the perfect 5 o’clock libation. And even better, no bitters, copper mugs or expensive alcohol are required.
1. Mixed berry daiquiri recipe
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 2 tablespoons lime or cranberry juice
- 3 ounces white rum
- Lemon or lime slices, for garnish
- Place the frozen berries, juice and rum into a blender. Blend until fully pureed, and pour into 2 chilled margarita glasses. Garnish with fresh lemon or lime slices and extra berries.
2. Simple dirty martini recipe
- 5 ounces gin
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 ounce olive juice
- Olives, for garnish
- Fill a shaker glass with ice, and pour in the gin, vermouth and olive juice. Shake the mixture, and then strain it into 2 chilled martini glasses. Toss in olives for garnish.
3. Lemon gin gimlet recipe
- 4 ounces gin
- 3-1/2 ounces lemon juice
- Lemon wedges or slices
- Pour the ingredients into a mixer filled halfway with ice, and shake vigorously. Strain the mixture into 2 tumblers filled halfway with ice. Garnish with lemon wedges or slices.
4. Raspberry-and-vodka rickey recipe
- 4 ounces raspberry-pomegranate-flavored vodka
- 2 ounces lemonade
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- In a mixing glass filled halfway with ice, shake the vodka and lemonade.
- Add the raspberries to 2 glasses, and carefully muddle with the back of a spoon.
- Strain the vodka mixture into the 2 glasses, and add a few ice cubes.