Pull-apart pepperoni pizza bread — it will quickly become a new favorite family dinner.
This pull-apart pizza bread dinner is easy to make, and the possibilities for different flavors are absolutely endless. I chose to use a classic pepperoni pizza recipe, but you can try a different variety and get creative. It takes about 45 minutes from start to finish, but a lot of that time is just the baking. Now: what are you waiting for?
To make this pull-apart pizza bread, you first start with a large loaf of bread. The more firm the bread, the better this recipe will work. Next, grab a bread knife that is sharp. You will slice the bread first from top to bottom lengthwise.
Don’t slice all the way through the bread, but stop right before breaking through the bottom crust.
Once the bread is sliced from top to bottom lengthwise, you will then slice it from left to right. Again, be careful to not slice through the bottom of the bread. You will need to hold the bread with one hand while you slowly cut through it to create the pizza.
Now it’s time to stuff the pizza with the delicious fillings. For this pizza bread recipe, I used mozzarella cheese and pepperoni slices. I sliced the mozzarella into thin slices and fit them into all the spaces of the bread.
Make sure to pack in all the spaces with cheese, and then place pepperoni slices throughout the pizza. The pepperoni can be alternated throughout the spaces.
Then pour some melted butter over everything, and sprinkle on some Italian seasoning. Then you will wrap the bread in tin foil and place it into a preheated oven.
As soon as the bread is done baking, remove the foil, and sprinkle on some more Italian seasoning and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
After that, this delicious pull-apart pizza bread is ready to eat. Grab some dipping sauce — I used pizza sauce for this recipe — and dip away. Enjoy!
Cheese and pepperoni pull-apart pizza bread recipe
- 1 round bread loaf
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup pepperoni slices
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 cups pizza sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Slice the bread lengthwise from top to bottom. Then cut it from left to right. Be careful to not slice the bread all the way through, stopping right before the bottom crust.
- Gently stuff the mozzarella slices into all the spaces in the bread. Next, stuff pepperoni slices into the spaces.
- Melt the butter, and stir in the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Using a pastry brush, brush the butter mixture over the bread.
- Spray a piece of tin foil with nonstick cooking spray, and wrap the pizza bread in the foil. Place the wrapped bread onto a tray and then into the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and the bread has started to lightly brown. Serve the pull-apart pizza bread with warmed-up pizza sauce, and enjoy immediately.