This is the perfect summer salad, full of ripe, roasted tomatoes and plenty of other deliciously flavorful additions.
I really enjoy light, easy meals, especially during the warm summer months. Salads are usually my go-to lunch or dinner when I don’t feel like heating up the kitchen. In this salad I used sweet cherry tomatoes that I lightly roasted in the oven with olive oil and herbs and then tossed into cooked couscous along with some crumbled feta cheese and spicy arugula. This salad is wonderful served either warm or chilled, and is perfect to pack for lunch, since it holds up well when made ahead of time.
Sweet roasted cherry tomato salad with couscous and feta recipe
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 1 cup roasted cherry tomatoes
- 2 large handfuls fresh arugula
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup dried currants or raisins
- 1/4 cup favorite balsamic salad dressing
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup croutons (optional)
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Prepare the couscous as directed on the package.
- Once cooked, remove the couscous from the heat, and allow it to cool. If the couscous is clumpy, then use a fork to fluff it and help break it up.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked couscous, tomatoes, arugula, pine nuts and raisins.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic dressing, and using tongs, toss very well.
- Finish the salad with crumbled feta cheese and croutons, and garnish with parsley.