There are few things as comforting as a big bowl of macaroni and cheese, but even old favorites can get boring. Upgrade your mac and cheese with these fab recipes and add-ins.
1. Light and creamy Greek yogurt mac and cheese with spinach
It’s hard to believe mac and cheese can be healthy, but this dish gets it done.
2. Pumpkin brown butter macaroni and cheese
The tastes of fall make this comfort food just a little bit more comforting.
3. Butternut squash mac ‘n cheese with bacon and caramelized onions
Pureed butternut squash adds right into the cheese without changing the color or texture. It’s the perfect way to sneak in some veggies… with a side of bacon.
4. Chorizo macaroni and cheese
Add a little spice to your life with this Mexican-inspired dish.
5. Roasted poblano macaroni and cheese
The silky cream sauce in this dish is laced with heat from poblano peppers, making this a more grown-up version of your favorite childhood dish.
6. Avocado mac and cheese
Avocado is a surprisingly tasty (and healthy) addition to macaroni and cheese — and this dish proves it.
7. Philly cheesesteak mac and cheese
Take one of our favorite guilty-pleasure sandwiches and a gooey bowl of mac and cheese and what do you get? This beautiful creation.
8. Spicy jalapeno mac ‘n cheese
The addition of jalapenos to your favorite macaroni and cheese recipe turns up the heat level — and the requests for seconds.
9. Smoked Gouda mac and cheese
One of the easiest ways to update your mac and cheese is by switching up the cheese. The smoked Gouda in this dish gives it a distinctive smoky flavor we think you’ll love. Want to add some protein and make it a complete meal? Try adding Tyson® Crispy Chicken Strips.
10. Mustardy mac and cheese with peas
The addition of peas to macaroni and cheese is an old standby for sneaking in veggies, but the taste of Dijon mustard takes this recipe to a whole new level.
11. Decadent crawfish mac and cheese
Macaroni and cheese has gone fancy in this decadent dish.
12. Broccoli chicken macaroni and cheese
Chicken, broccoli and sun-dried tomatoes make this version of mac and cheese into a colorful masterpiece.
13. Mind-blowing baked gnocchi mac and cheese
Gnocchi, covered in cheese and bacon and baked it until it reaches ooey gooey perfection. Sound delicious? It is.
14. Four cheese mac and cheese cups
Single-serving mac and cheese cups are easy to serve and perfect for freezing for a quick lunch or dinner later. Plus, who can say no to four cheese?
15. Mini mac and cheese pies
We’re drooling over here. Mac and cheese, stuffed into a pie with pancetta. Yum.
16. Bacon quinoa mac and cheese bake.
They said mac and cheese couldn’t be done without pasta. They were wrong.
Sponsored by Tyson Foods®.