Make a splash at your next pool or beach party with some simple snorkeler snacks. Nutter Butters, sugar cookies and a few candy accessories are all you’ll need to create a plate of these sweet little swimmers. Kids especially will enjoy “diving in” to assemble this fun food craft.
The best part about these cookies? No baking required. Just assemble, and eat.
You can use any color of frosting you like, but I think green and blue are pool-perfect.
Three-inch round sugar cookies work best. I found these in the bakery aisle of my local grocery store.
I used a Wilton No. 352 leaf decorating tip to make the spiky chocolate frosting hair.
Taffy tends to soften and bend if left at room temperature, so refrigerate your cookies after you attach the snorkels to keep them in place and curve shaped.
That is, if you want to wait to gobble them up. Enjoy.
Snorkeler cookie treats recipe
- Sugar cookies
- Nutter Butter cookies
- Candy decorator eyes
- Hershey’s Heath Pieces (or plain brown M&M’s)
- Red Lifesavers Gummies
- Green or blue Laffy Taffy ropes
- Chocolate frosting
- Green or blue frosting
- To make the swimmer’s mask, split apart the Nutter Butter cookie, and reattach the top wafer with the smooth side out. Pipe blue or green frosting around the outer edge of the cookie, and attach the eye and nose candies with just a dab of frosting.
- Attach the swim mask and the Lifesavers mouth to the cookie head with chocolate frosting.
- Pipe spiky frosting hair on the top half of the cookie head and around the swim mask.
- Cut the Laffy Taffy rope in half, and bend it to form a snorkel. Insert 1 end into the Lifesavers mouth, and place the other end on the side of the mask, using the piped frosting to keep it in place. Refrigerate the cookies until you’re ready to serve them.