Baked citrus chicken is your new go-to easy and flavorful weeknight meal
This super-simple citrus baked chicken is delicious, packed full of citrus flavor and can be ready in just about 30 minutes.
Chicken is a staple in my house. I have a few standard recipes, but every once in a while I like to switch things up. In this recipe, I use up all those lemons and oranges that are sitting around in the fruit basket to make this super-delicious baked citrus chicken. It's full of flavor and ready in no time.
Baked citrus chicken recipe
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 2 oranges, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 chicken cutlets
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In an 8 x 8-inch baking dish, lay down lemon slices of 1 lemon and orange slices of 1 orange. Sprinkle the citrus with 1 tablespoon of rosemary.
- Top the citrus with the chicken cutlets, and then sprinkle with the remaining tablespoon of rosemary and the desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Top the chicken with the remaining citrus slices, and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until the chicken is fully cooked. Depending on the thickness of your cutlets, you may need to shorten or lengthen your cooking time.