Have your sundae and eat it too with banana split mini pies
Huge banana splits look amazing, but how can just one person finish all that? These mini pies gives you all the flavor without the guilt of finishing an enormous dessert all by yourself.
I remember when I was a kid, my dad went to this fancy ice cream parlor and ordered a banana split. This thing was so big a family of six could have easily eaten it together. My dad was confident he could finish the dessert himself, so we sat by and watched. He made it about halfway and finally threw in the towel. We still laugh about this story, and we now know to make sure banana splits are served a bit smaller. These cute little banana split ice cream pies are perfect for just one person and taste just like the classic banana split, but in pie form. What could be better?
Mini banana split ice cream pie recipe
- 6 miniature graham cracker crusts
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups Neapolitan ice cream
- 6 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- 6 tablespoons strawberry jam
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce
- 6 maraschino cherries
- Lay out the graham cracker crusts, and cover the bottoms of the crusts with 2 to 3 banana slices.
- Fill each pie with 1/4 cup of ice cream, and smooth the top.
- Keep frozen until you are ready to serve.
- Once you're ready to serve, cover each pie with 1 tablespoon of crushed pineapple and 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam.
- Cover with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate sauce and 1 maraschino cherry.