An irresistibly simple one-skillet creamy pasta with garlic chicken
Why dirty all those dishes when you can simply make your whole dinner in just one skillet?
I love making one-pot meals because the cleanup is easy. Plus, since there are barely any dirty dishes, I can usually talk my husband into doing the dishes. The beauty of this one-pot pasta dish is that it's packed full of garlicky chicken, fresh baby spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, giving it tons of flavor in hardly any time. It's simple, delicious and ready in just about 30 minutes.
One-skillet extra creamy pasta with garlic chicken recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup cavatappi pasta, or similar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach
- 1/3 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the diced chicken breast, and season with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on the outside, then add in the garlic, and quickly sauté until fragrant.
- Add in the chicken stock, whole milk and pasta. Raise the heat to bring to a boil, then lower the heat back to medium, and let simmer for about 15 minutes, until the pasta is al dente.
- Add in the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese, and mix together until the cream cheese is melted.
- Add in the baby spinach and sun-dried tomatoes, and stir to combine. The baby spinach should wilt quickly.
- If the mixture is too thick, then simply add a little more milk to the dish to make it more creamy.