One-skillet beef and mac means lots of cheesy goodness with hardly any cleanup
No one likes washing dishes, so this one-skillet beef and mac is the perfect weeknight dish. Pasta, ground beef, tomatoes, vegetables and cheese... It's just so good.
My love for pasta and one-skillet dinners is a strong and everlasting love. My husband loves this dish and asks me to make it at least once a month. This dish is packed full of tomato, spinach, beef and noodles, all made in one skillet. So easy and delicious.
One-skillet beef and mac recipe
- 1 cup ground beef
- 1/3 cup bell peppers, sliced
- 1/3 cup onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- To a large skillet, add the ground beef, bell peppers, onions, garlic, garlic salt, smoked paprika, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper.
- Cook together over medium-high heat until the beef is browned and the vegetables are softened.
- Add in the Ro-Tel tomatoes, tomato sauce, pasta and water. Cover, and cook over medium heat until the pasta is cooked, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in spinach, cover with cheese, and let the cheese melt.
- Serve hot.
Note: The liquid should cook down so the pasta dish is thick, but if it's too watery, then you can cook the dish without the lid.