Conversation heart–filled cupcakes
'Tis the season to converse through candy hearts! These heart-filled cupcakes are sure to make you the most popular cupcake baker on Valentine's Day!
I'm Kelly Dixon from Smart School House, and today, I'm going to show you how to make DIY conversation heart–filled cupcakes.
- Box of white cake mix
- Conversation hearts
- Cupcake plunger or knife
- Frosting piping bag or large plastic bag
- White frosting (see my conversation-heart whipped cream recipe)
- Bake the cupcakes according to the recipe on the cake-mix box.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- Using the cupcake plunger or knife, remove a circular section from the center of your cupcake. You only need to cut about 1 inch deep.
- Place some conversation hearts inside.
- Don't have a piping bag? Simply put the frosting in a large plastic bag, cut the tip of the bag off to make it look just like a piping bag and frost the cupcakes that way. (Don't you just love easy tips like that?)
- Sprinkle some crushed-up conversation hearts on top, and you are done!
- Serve these at Valentine's Day parties or simply make some for your family at home. Either way, people are going to love your creative cupcake masterpiece!