The easiest, freshest, no-cook pasta sauce for summer
Cut back on the time you spend in a hot kitchen this summer. How? For starters, try this recipe for pasta with fresh, no-cook pasta sauce.
Tomatoes, peppers and fresh herbs are the stars of this sauce, and they don't require any cooking. That means you can keep your cool and enjoy a flavorful meal.
The fresh basil adds to the summer feel of this dish, and when you top it all with shaved Parmesan cheese, you'll find a great combination of tastes. All this with minimal time at the stove.
Pasta with fresh, no-cook sauce recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked short pasta, like farfalle or penne
- 2 cups heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved (or quartered, depending on their size), seeds removed
- 1/3 cup diced bell pepper, membrane and seeds removed
- 2 green onions, ends trimmed, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4-5 fresh basil leaves, chopped into ribbons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain, and add to a serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add the tomatoes, bell pepper, green onion, garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Toss well to combine. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Add the mixture to the pasta, and toss to combine.
- Serve on individual plates, and garnish with the shaved Parmesan cheese.
Step away from the stove for this dish.