This salad is loaded with barbecue-flavored quinoa and lots of fresh toppings to make an outstanding vegetarian salad or side dish.
Vegetarian salad never tasted so good. Cooked quinoa is mixed with your favorite homemade barbecue sauce to keep this dish feeling hearty yet meat free. This salad can be made ahead of time and is a perfect potluck dish. Finish it up with a drizzle of ranch dressing and extra barbecue sauce for one tasty, veggie-friendly recipe.
Loaded barbecue quinoa salad recipe
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 -3/4 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup canned or fresh corn kernels
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- Small handful fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- Extra barbecue sauce, for drizzling (optional)
- Sliced jalapeños, for garnish (optional)
- Tortilla chips, for garnish (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cooked quinoa and barbecue sauce, adding enough to get the desired barbecue flavor. Add in the chopped romaine, gently toss, and then pour the salad onto a large serving plate or patter.
- Layer the salad with the remaining ingredients (black beans, tomatoes, onions, corn, green onions, avocado and cheese).
- Drizzle the salad with the ranch dressing and extra barbecue sauce, if desired.
- Finish off the salad with fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeños and tortilla chips, and serve.
More quinoa recipes
Quinoa, black bean and corn salad
12 Must-try quinoa recipes
Easy Southwestern quinoa bake
Leave a Comment