Salmon for two, cooked in parchment paper… Now that’s an easy but romantic dinner.
The summer is about spending time outside or family vacations. Who has time to cook in the kitchen, especially when the temperatures are pushing above 95 degrees F. I want to be eating or drinking something cool while floating on a glistening blue pool.
Well, too bad I don’t have that pool, just a 2-feet-deep plastic pool. I’ll get in it anyway just to cool off from the blazing sun rays. While I’m in the pool, I’ll be letting the oven cook this amazing fresh salmon in parchment paper. It’s a complete dinner within minutes and is perfect to eat outdoors.
Salmon and vegetables en papillote recipe
- 2 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 6 asparagus spears, ends chopped off
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the salmon fillets, and place them in parchment paper. Top with the asparagus spears, lemon slices and tomato.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the salmon and vegetables.
- Secure the parchment paper, creating a pouch so that no air escapes.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes, and then remove. Pierce the parchment paper with a knife to let the steam escape, and then fold it back to eat the salmon-veggie dish.