Slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs
Using either homemade jarred or store-bought pasta sauce along with frozen meatballs saves tons of time in the kitchen. Don't have time to boil the noodles? Simply make them ahead of time and toss them in a little bit of olive oil to keep them from sticking. Store them in the refrigerator until you are ready to use them.
Slow cooker spaghetti and meatballs recipe
- 1 (25 ounce) jar favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 (14-1/2) ounce can diced Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced or crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen meatballs
- 1 (12 ounce) package of spaghetti (cooked ahead of time)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly chopped Italian parsley for garnish
- Add the jar of spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes (don't drain) onion, garlic, seasonings and sugar to the bowl of the slow cooker, mixing well.
- Add the frozen meatballs to the slow cooker and mix well, making sure that each of the meatballs is coated in the sauce.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Just before the meatballs and sauce are done, add in the cooked spaghetti, mixing well.
- Cover and cook an additional 20 minutes or until the noodles are hot.
- Divide between serving plates or bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.