Who knew homemade maple-vanilla hemp milk was this easy?
Nothing is more simple than making your very own plant-based milks right at home.
One of the easiest and most delicious dairy-free milks is hemp milk. Organic hemp seeds — also known as hemp hearts — are simply blended in a blender along with filtered water, sea salt and pure vanilla extract, and sweetened with all-natural, organic, pure maple syrup.
This milk is my favorite, since it doesn't require straining, as most nut milks do. Pour it over cereal, add it on top of fresh fruit, or use it as your liquid in smoothies.
Homemade maple-vanilla hemp milk recipe
Yields 2-1/2 cups
- 1-1/4 cups hemp seeds (also called hemp hearts)
- 3 cups filtered water (if you want a thinner milk, then add 1/2 cup extra water)
- 2-3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
- Add the hemp seeds and filtered water to a high-speed blender, such as a Blendtec or a Vitamix, and blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the maple syrup, vanilla and salt to the mixture.
- Blend again for another 1 to 2 minutes, and then check the thickness of the milk. If you desire thinner milk, then add a little bit of extra water, and blend until you have reached your desired consistency.
- Pour the hemp milk into a glass bottle or jar with a lid.
- Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.