This cauliflower “couscous” is simply cauliflower that has been blended to a couscous-like consistency. This dish is naturally gluten-free, vegan and nutritious.
To get a couscous-like texture with cauliflower, chop the cauliflower coarsely and put it in a blender. Fill the blender with water and then pulse until the cauliflower is blended to roughly the size of cooked couscous beads. Press the cauliflower through a mesh strainer to get rid of all of the water. Once it is drained, you are left with a delicious couscous copycat.
This dish is made with fresh vegetables, and has protein from black beans. It’s a great way to detoxify and will leave your body feeling regenerated. The cilantro is optional, but adds a nice touch.
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans
- 1 can (15 ounce) corn
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon all seasoning
- 1/4 cup cilantro, optional
- Pepper, to taste
- Place the coarsely chopped cauliflower into a large blender with the water and salt. Pulse until the cauliflower resembles couscous.
- Drain the cauliflower into a large mesh strainer. Using a spoon, press out all of the liquid.
- Combine the cauliflower and olive oil in a large saucepan. Simmer it over low heat for about 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain and rinse the black beans and corn.
- Combine the cauliflower, black beans, corn, tomatoes and red onion. Toss the mixture with all seasoning and additional salt and pepper.
- If desired, add chopped cilantro.
More gluten-free recipes:
Quinoa recipes: Gluten-free and easy
Gluten-free BBQ recipes
How to convert a recipe to gluten-free
Leave a Comment