Dessert only gets better when you can eat your bowl too. These candy funfetti dessert bowls are fun to make (using balloons) and are even more fun to serve for a festive occasion. Fill these bowls with your favorite ice cream or fresh fruit, and enjoy the fun.
Candy funfetti dessert bowls make any occasion more fun. Break out these bowls for birthday parties or anytime you’re entertaining.
Candy funfetti dessert bowls recipe
- 6 small to medium latex balloons, inflated
- 1 (12 ounce) package white candy melts
- Candy sprinkles to decorate bowls
Prepare the balloons and candy melts
- Blow up the balloons (not all the way) so the base of each is about the size of your palm with your fingers cupped around it. Tie to secure them.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet on a flat work surface with the candy sprinkles and balloons nearby, along with an extra shallow bowl.
- In a deep, microwave-safe bowl, melt the candy in 20-second increments, stirring the mixture to help ensure the candy is completely melted.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
Create a bowl shape with the candy melts
- One at a time, dip the base of each balloon into the melted mixture so the candy forms the shape of a small bowl around the bottom and slightly up the sides of the balloon.
- Allow the excess candy to drip back into the bowl.
Decorate the bowls
- Working over the shallow bowl, quickly shake the candy sprinkles over the melted candy before it begins to harden.
- Carefully set the dipped balloon vertically onto the baking sheet. It should be able to stand on its own.
- Continue until all the balloons are finished.
Allow the bowls to set, and then remove the balloons
- Place the baking sheet with the balloons in the refrigerator for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Remove the balloons. One at a time, hold a balloon in the palm of your hand. Use a pair of scissors to gently cut into the top of the balloon so it slowly deflates.
- Carefully peel the balloon away from the candy bowl.
- Serve your favorite ice cream or berries in the bowls.