This creamy kale dip is nutritious and tasty. Kale, a superfood, has incredible health benefits, thanks to its many nutrients and antioxidants.
Kale is high in fiber and vitamins, with no fat and few calories. When combined with some cheese, garlic, onion and a light dressing, it makes a delicious dip that’s quite filling. The flavors are rich, and lemon juice and lemon zest add some tanginess.
This dip requires minimal preparation, and the recipe can easily be doubled or tripled to serve a crowd. You can use chips, pita bread or even just a spoon to eat this dip. If you choose to use pita bread, I love to warm it up in the oven. To do this, cut the pita bread into triangles, toss it in a little bit of olive oil and place it on a baking tray. Put it in a 400-degree F preheated oven for about 2-3 minutes on each side. Once the pita bread is warmed up, the dip will be ready to go.
Creamy kale dip
- 1 large bunch kale, finely chopped, stems removed
- 1/2 cup white onion
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chips or pita bread, for dipping
- Combine the kale, onion, garlic and almond milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender.
- Once the vegetables are tender, transfer the mixture to a large blender and allow it to cool for 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest, and salt and pepper.
- Blend the dip until it’s smooth.
- Transfer the dip to a bowl and serve it immediately with chips or pita bread.