Tired of the same old tacos? These bad boys are stuffed with sweet potatoes, vegetables and a savory avocado-Greek yogurt dressing.
Tacos are not just about meat, meat and more meat. These vegetarian-friendly tacos are packed full of flavor and perfectly spiced sweet potatoes. Then I drizzled them with a savory avocado-Greek yogurt sauce, because everything is better with avocado.
Spicy sweet potato tacos recipe
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 regular-size sweet potatoes, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch squares
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups bell peppers, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder (this is spicy)
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup cilantro, diced
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 lime, zested
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 8 small corn tortillas, toasted
- In a large skillet set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add in the sweet potatoes.
- Let the potatoes cook for about 5 minutes to soften.
- Add in the onion, peppers, smoked paprika, chipotle chile powder and kosher salt. Let cook for about 15 minutes, until all the vegetables are soft but not falling apart.
- While the vegetables are cooking, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the avocado, Greek yogurt, lime zest, lime juice and salt. Once the mixture is smooth, place it in the refrigerator to keep it cold until you’re ready to serve the tacos.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, add a few spoonfuls to each corn tortilla, and then drizzle with avocado-Greek yogurt sauce and a sprinkling of cilantro.