Reminiscent of carbonara but without eggs, these fries don’t shy away from flavor. Once you pop one into your mouth, you will never stop.
Carbonara is one of the most popular pasta dishes everywhere. It’s easy to understand why — the flavor is decisively good. Pecorino, pancetta and lots of freshly cracked pepper… Delicious. But I must warn you: The fries in this recipe can be highly addictive. You will love how each ingredient complements the others to produce that great Italian flavor. I promise you, it will be a finger-licking-good experience.
French fries alla carbonara (pecorino and bacon fries) recipe
- 1 pound potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 3 ounces bacon or pancetta, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons grated pecorino Romano cheese (or more)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a baking pan, mix together the potatoes, bacon, olive oil and pepper.
- Place the baking pan onto the middle rack, and bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and turn golden.
- Sprinkle the fries with the pecorino cheese and more black pepper as soon as you take them out of the oven.
- Serve immediately.