Frozen-themed parties are still all the rage. Make some fun snacks to add to your themed gathering or just to put a smile on your biggest Queen Elsa, Princess Anna and Olaf fans.
Is your house like mine, with the Frozen movie or soundtrack playing 24/7? Yes? Well, then these simple little treats would be a perfect fit.
All you need are pretzels, melting wafers and a few sprinkles.
You really don’t have to be super artistic either. Just some simple assembly and a few accents are needed.
The kids can even help place some of the pieces onto the pretzels.
You’ve got all your favorite Frozen characters in edible form: Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Olaf, Sven and Marshmallow (did you know the big frozen snow monster’s name is Marshmallow?).
These would be a fun addition to any Frozen-themed party, and maybe Olaf will find out what frozen things do in summer — get gorgeously tanned, of course.
Disney’s Frozen-inspired pretzel snacks recipe
- 20-30 square pretzels
- Additional pieces of broken pretzels (for Sven’s horns)
- Melting candy wafers in white, light blue, dark blue, violet and black, and in chocolate and eggnog flavors
- Candy-coated sunflower seeds in orange (for Olaf’s nose) and red (Sven’s tongue)
- Various sprinkles: snowflakes, blue sprinkles, blue round sprinkles
- Edible glitter
- Place your square pretzels down flat on a cookie sheet.
- Melt your candy wafers in a ziplock bag in the microwave (10- to 15-second intervals) until just melted. Snip an end, and “pipe” your characters.
- Add edible glitter to make them sparkle.
- Olaf: Use white candy to for the head shape. Before it hardens, add the orange candy-coated sunflower for a nose. Use black candy to add other accents (eyes, hair, mouth).
- Sven: Use an entire chocolate disk of candy wafer for the head (attach it to the pretzel with melted candy, using whichever color background you like). Attach pieces of broken pretzel for horns. Add accents: eyes (candy melt in black and white), nose (chocolate or black) and tongue (red candy-coated sunflower seed).
- Elsa: Use an entire eggnog-flavored disk of candy wafer for the head (attach it to the pretzel with melted candy, using whichever color background you like). Add accents: eyes (candy melt in dark blue), mouth (black) and hair (very light yellow or white).
- Anna: Use an entire eggnog-flavored disk of candy wafer for the head (attach it to the pretzel with melted candy, using whichever color background you like). Add accents: eyes (candy melt in dark blue), mouth (black) and hair (dark brown or red).
- Marshmallow: Use white candy for the head shape and blue candy for the mouth. Before the blue hardens, add blue sprinkles for “ice teeth” and blue round sprinkles for the eyes.
- Other shapes: Add candy melts in whatever color background you like. Add accents, like snowflake-shaped sprinkles or something similar.
Keep the Frozen theme going with these adorable Olaf the Snowman treats: