It doesn’t get much better than gooey s’mores for dessert on a hot summer day. These recipes inspired by your favorite campfire treat will knock your socks off.
Summer totally means s’mores to me. Even though I love the traditional fire pit recipe, I’m changing it up a bit. These three fun recipes are packed full of s’mores flavor and totally delicious.
1. S’mores cookies recipe
Why not eat your s’mores in the form of cookies? Two chocolaty treats in one.
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup small dehydrated marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, add the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract. Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, and mix well.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture, and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Add in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Mix just until the fillings are stirred in.
- Add 1-tablespoon-size balls onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a baking sheet for a few minutes, and then move the cookies to a cooling rack.
2. S’mores dip recipe
Dip the night away. Say hello to your new favorite way to enjoy s’mores.
Yields 1 (9-inch) skillet
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers, for dipping
- In a 9-inch skillet set over low heat, add the dark chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Melt slowly until smooth.
- Top with marshmallows, and broil under your oven broiler until lightly browned.
- Use graham crackers to dip.
3. S’more milkshake recipe
Drinking your s’mores is a refreshing and totally delicious way to enjoy the chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers.
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 large toasted marshmallows
- To a blender, add the vanilla ice cream, marshmallows, chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup of milk. Blend until smooth, adding more milk if too thick.
- Pour equal amounts into 2 small glasses, and top each glass with 1 teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs and 1 toasted marshmallow.
Leave a Comment