Spinach-and-artichoke lasagna bundles
I don't know why, but we're all about smashing dishes together lately. Here, we took our favorite spinach-and-artichoke dip recipe, rolled it up in lasagna sheets and covered it in fire-roasted tomatoes. It's kind of the best thing ever.
Have you ever made a lasagna? Like, a real layer-up-all-the-ingredients-over-and-over-again lasagna? Bo-ring!!! These lasagna bundles are so much more fun, and — hello! — they are already portioned out so you don't have to worry about the slicing being unequal, someone complaining about wanting a corner piece or the ingredients all falling off the spatula before you can even get it from the baking dish to the plate.
I don't know why, but we're all about smashing dishes together lately. Here, we took our favorite spinach-and-artichoke dip recipe, rolled it up in lasagna sheets and covered it in fire-roasted tomatoes. It's kind of the best thing ever. Don't believe us? Try it for yourself.
- 4 cups chopped spinach leaves (fresh, not frozen)
- 1 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1 yellow onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 tin diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 6 lasagna sheets, cooked al dente
- Set your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Boil the lasagna noodles in salted water until they become al dente.
- Strain the lasagna sheets and lay them out on a large workspace.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large pan, along with the diced onions.
- Cook the onions until they become translucent.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and cook them until the spinach leaves shrink down and become limp.
- Add the spices and toss the spinach-artichoke mix together.
- Strain off any excess liquid, then add the cream cheese and stir until it has fully melted into the spinach mixture.
- Carry your spinach mixture over to your lasagna sheets and spread a large spoonful of the mixture along each lasagna sheet.
- Coat a 9 x 9-inch baking dish with a thin layer of olive oil.
- Roll each lasagna sheet up into a bundle and tuck the sheets into rows in the baking dish.
- Top each row with the diced tomatoes and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Cover the lasagna bundles with foil and bake them for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and broil the top of the dish for an additional 10 minutes or until the cheese browns, bubbles and melts.
If you enjoyed this recipe, please visit Yumology.com for many more fun family dishes. Yumology is also on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr, so be sure to like our pages and make your life a little more delicious.