The easiest rice pudding ever
With just five ingredients and some hands-off cooking time in the slow cooker, this dessert can be yours.
My mother-in-law makes the best rice pudding, but a few years ago, when my brother was visiting and we all went to dinner at her house, she happily scooped out her famous dessert into bowls for each of us, and the second the first spoonful hit our mouths, we all spit it back out with scrunched-up faces, saying, "Whoa, that's salty!"
Turns out she mixed up the sugar and salt in the recipe. Needless to say, we went without dessert that night.
There's no confusing the two in this recipe. Instead of sugar, this five-ingredient, set-it-and-forget-it slow cooker recipe uses maple syrup. Need an easy and tasty dessert while you cook the rest of dinner? This is it.
5-Ingredient slow cooker rice pudding recipe
- 4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine the milk, maple syrup and rice in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high, stirring occasionally for 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until creamy.
- Stir in the raisins and cinnamon during the last 30 minutes of cooking.
- The pudding will thicken as it cools.
- Serve the pudding either warm or cold.