Healthier no-bake Nutella bites
Creamy, chocolaty Nutella and peanut butter combine with some healthier ingredients for a no-bake treat you can eat with less guilt.
These decadent little bite-size treats save you from having to crank up the heat in the kitchen during the summer. Nutella is a super rich and creamy chocolate-hazelnut spread that works wonderfully in this dessert. Rather than using strictly oats as many recipes call for, I decided to add even more chocolate flavor by using crushed chocolate graham crackers, and I also sneaked in flaxseeds and raw honey. These are great for picnics, parties or just for curing a late-night sweet tooth.
Healthier no-bake Nutella bites recipe
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 8 chocolate graham crackers
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Colored sprinkles for coating (optional)
- Into a microwave-safe bowl, add the Nutella, peanut butter and raw honey. Heat on high for 30 seconds or until the mixture is warm and somewhat melted.
- Into a food processor, add the graham crackers, oats, flaxseeds and salt, and pulse on high until the mixture is very fine.
- Pour the warmed Nutella-peanut butter mixture into the food processor, and pulse until a ball forms.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out chunks of the dough ball, roll them into smaller balls, and place them onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Fill a small bowl with the colored sprinkles, and roll each ball into the sprinkles. Store the bites in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.