3 Easy breakfast pizzas kids will love
Leftover pizza in the morning can be good, but why not make a few fantastic breakfast pizzas instead?
What kid wouldn't want pizza for as many mealtimes as possible? Now you can satisfy your family's love of pizza by making it for breakfast too.
These three easy breakfast pizzas will thrill your kids and provide them with easy-to-help-make, fun morning meal options.
1. Breakfast granola, fruit and cream pizza recipe
Granola and fruit are breakfast staples, so it makes sense that you can combine them with a cream cheese mixture and puff pastry for a tasty twist to pizza. Use your favorite fruit, and try to match the jam to one of the fruits you use.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cherry jam
- 1/3 cup granola
- 1/3 cup pitted cherries, halved
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- 1 banana, cut into thin rounds
- Preheat your oven according to the pastry package directions.
- Bake the pastry according to the package directions, first crimping the edges like you would for a pie.
- As the pastry cooks, it will puff. About halfway through cooking, pull it from the oven, and flatten the dough out to the edges slightly with the back of a large spoon. Continue baking until done.
- As the pastry bakes, mix together the cream cheese and vanilla yogurt. Blend until smooth, and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Allow the pastry to cool completely. When cooled, spread the cream cheese-yogurt mixture evenly over the pastry, to the edges.
- Spread the cherry jam over the cream cheese mixture.
- Evenly spread about 1/4 cup of the granola over the jam, followed by the fruit, and then top with the remaining granola.
2. Cheesy sausage and hash brown pizza recipe
This classic combo of sausage and hash browns makes the perfect topping to personal-size breakfast pizzas.
- 10 ounces frozen hash browns
- 1/2 pound sausage
- 1 container 8-count biscuit dough (the large, Grands-style biscuits)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup salsa to drizzle over the tops (optional)
- Preheat your oven according to the biscuit package directions.
- Cook the hash browns and the sausage (in separate pans) until done. Using a slotted spoon, remove the sausage from the pan, and set it aside along with the hash browns.
- Remove the biscuits from the container, and place 2 dough triangles together to form 1 rectangle. This will be the pizza shell for 1 personal pizza.
- Crimp the edges of the dough, and bake according to the package directions. If the dough puffs up while baking, then remove it from the oven, and use the back of a large spoon to carefully press it down slightly, out to the edges. Continue to cook until done.
- Equally divide the hash browns, sausage and cheese among the 4 pizzas.
- Place the pizzas back into the oven for just a few minutes so the cheese melts.
- Remove, and serve with the salsa, if desired.
3. Bacon, egg and avocado pizza recipe
What could be better than bacon and eggs in the a.m.? Mix things up a bit, and add these standard breakfast items to a pizza along with some avocado. You won't be disappointed in these personal pizzas.
- 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy
- Flour to dust your work surface
- 2 pounds prepared pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper as seasoning
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 eggs, each cracked into a small, shallow cup
- 1 avocado, pit removed, cubed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat your oven according to the pizza dough directions. Lightly spray 2 baking sheets with the nonstick spray, and set them aside.
- Cook your bacon until crispy. Remove it from the pan, and place it onto a plate lined with paper towels. When cool, break up the bacon into pieces, and set it aside.
- Lightly flour a clean, flat work surface. Place the dough onto the surface, and divide it into 4 equal-size pieces.
- Roll out the dough into thin, round shapes, stretching it as you go to help shape the dough.
- Place 2 pizza rounds onto each baking sheet. Brush the top of each with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bake for about 4 minutes so the dough sets slightly. Remove from the oven, and carefully add the cheese and bacon to each pizza.
- Carefully tip the egg (1 for each pizza) from the cup onto the center of the pizza.
- Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes. Just before the pizzas are finished cooking, add the avocado cubes to the tops. Continue cooking until done.
- Remove from the oven, and allow the pizzas to cool slightly before serving.