Cheesy pizza-flavored cauliflower breadsticks
Everyone loves cheesy breadsticks, but have you tried them made with cauliflower? Make these pizza-flavored breadsticks, and impress your friends with a healthier option on your next pizza night.
Pizza night is a weekly occurrence in our household. Whether it be homemade pizza or takeout, we are big fans of this dish. I decided to take a healthy approach to the usual pizza and breadsticks, combining the two to make cheesy cauliflower breadsticks.
They are perfectly paired with a bowl of warm marinara sauce.
Cheesy pizza-flavored cauliflower breadsticks recipe
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Marinara sauce, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a food processor, add the cauliflower florets, and pulse until you reach little rice-like pieces. Pour into a microwave-safe bowl, and heat for 45 seconds.
- Add the eggs, Italian seasoning, garlic, 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and salt to the cauliflower. Using your hands, mix until well incorporated.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 x 11-inch baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 35 minutes, and then carefully flip the dish onto a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with the 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Broil for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Serve with warm marinara sauce.