You won't miss the meat: Vegan taco-stuffed avocados
These vegan taco-stuffed avocados will be a hit for anyone who loves Mexican food. Fresh avocados are halved, stuffed with a veggie taco "meat" and then topped with all your fresh taco fixings.
Being vegan or just wanting to try out meatless recipes doesn't have to be hard or stressful. Here I used halved avocados to replace taco shells, stuffed them with taco "veggie meat" and finished them off with lots of fresh vegetables and even vegan sour cream. These are great for a light lunch or dinner and even make a great side dish. I usually serve these with a salad or grilled vegetables on the side.
Vegan taco-stuffed avocados recipe
- 2 vegan veggie burgers, thawed and crumbled (I used Amy's organic California burgers)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 large avocados, halved
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- Fresh cilantro for garnish (optional)
- Vegan sour cream for garnish (optional)
- Heat a pan over medium heat, and add the crumbled veggie burgers, taco seasoning and water.
- Cook until the veggie burgers are lightly browned and the water has evaporated, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Arrange the avocado halves on a serving plate, and carefully spoon the warm veggie burger filling into the center of each avocado.
- Top each stuffed avocado with diced tomatoes and onions, and garnish with fresh cilantro and vegan sour cream.
- Best served immediately.