Decadent, savory breakfast waffles go Mexican, complete with cheese, avocado, salsa, refried beans and runny eggs.
This breakfast is a Mexican food dream. If you’re a fan of all the sides when it comes to a Mexican dinner, then you’re going to love them piled high on waffles with a fried egg on top for breakfast. These make an excellent brunch because, if you’re anything like me, it takes a few hours of being awake to be able to make refried beans. So save it for the weekend, and then dig in.
Huevos rancheros breakfast waffle stack recipe
- 4 frozen waffles
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1 cup refried beans
- 1 avocado, smashed
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 eggs
- Place 4 slices of cheese each onto 2 waffles, and toast them in a toaster oven. Then toast the remaining 2 waffles without cheese.
- Spread the refried beans on top of the 2 waffles without cheese. Spread the smashed avocado on top of the beans. Spoon the salsa on top of the avocado.
- Top with the toasted cheesy waffles, cheese sides down.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat. Grease it with cooking spray or oil, and fry the eggs until set.
- Top each waffle stack with an egg, and serve.