Know your knives: Which knife is best for what? (VIDEO)
Flattening bread and crushing tomatoes? You might be using the wrong knife for the task at hand. You'll save time and cut cleaner while prepping in the kitchen if you know your knives and follow this handy guide.
Which knife to use:
- Tomato — very sharp slicing knife, or if yours is too dull, a serrated knife
- Lettuce — sharp chef's knife or long serrated knife
- Chicken — chef's knife or slicing knife
- Cheese — chef's knife, slicing knife or spoon for soft cheeses
- Bread — serrated bread knife