VIDEO: How to make the best homemade BBQ sauce
Tired of the standard supermarket BBQ fare? Are their sauces too sugary or too sweet? Not enough spice? Take charge of your backyard with this delicious homemade barbecue sauce.
Homemade BBQ sauce recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16-ounce glass jar
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil. Add the diced onions, and cook until they become soft and partially translucent. Add the garlic, and cook until it becomes fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Stir in the honey, ketchup, vinegar, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice until the ingredients are completely combined. Let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes or until it reaches the desired consistency. Remove from the heat, and let it cool.
- Puree the sauce in a blender, and pour it into a sterilized glass jar.
- Stick the label to the jar.