VIDEO: How to cut a pineapple
Canned pineapple is far inferior to fresh pineapple, but many would-be munchers are scared to grapple with this pointy Hawaiian delight. Master the most daunting fruit in the produce section by following this simple technique for preparing fresh, juicy pineapple.
- Using a serrated knife, cut off the top and bottom of the pineapple.
- With the bottom of the pineapple on the cutting board, start at the top of the pineapple, and slice down (still using a serrated knife) in a curving motion to "shave" off the outer part.
- Continue all the way around until the pineapple is peeled.
- Slice around the core to remove it, if desired.
- Slice or cube the rest of the flesh as desired.