Here’s a new twist on classic nachos. These are full of mango, crab and avocado chunks, and you’ll want them all summer long.
I’m a complete sucker for nachos — the melted cheeses, refried beans and endless amounts of guacamole piled on top. Nachos can come together in no time, and they’re something the whole family can enjoy.
These are not your typical melted-cheese type of nachos. In fact, they have no melted cheese at all.
Shocker, I know.
This dish is packed with lump crabmeat, mango, avocado and heirloom tomatoes to create one memorable nacho experience.
Crab, avocado and mango nachos recipe
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1 mango, cut into chunks
- 1/2 an avocado, cut into chunks
- Couple pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup baby heirloom tomatoes, cut into 4 chunks
- 1 teaspoon Cotija cheese
- 4-5 cups thin tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the Cotija and chips. Place the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, take the mixture out of refrigerator, place it on top of the chips, and sprinkle with the cheese.